Vinay Preet Singh
Founder & Managing Partner
Vinay Preet Singh is a leading practicing lawyer. He is the founding Partner at The Chambers®: Advocates & Legal Consultants. Vinay is also serving as Head, Public Policy and Strategy, Scriboard is also the India Counsel to Facebook, Schlumberger, TCS, the Tata Group and Indian Oil [at No. 98 in the Global Fortune 500, incidentally India’s highest ranked commercial enterprise]. Vinay worked jointly with the Ministry of Agriculture, Govt. of India to organise a three-day long training programme on Intellectual Property and Plant Varieties Act for various agriculture scientists and Nodal officers of Agriculture Institutes across India. Vinay also worked jointly with Women Commission of India and Ministry of Women and Child Development. He authored two Booklets on rights of women with description of the law enforcement organisations and functioning of Indian Judiciary for the benefits of Women across India in collaboration with National Commission for Women, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
Vinay did his education in prestigious universities both in India and U.K.
Bachelors of Arts [Economics] from ST. STEPHEN’S COLLEGE, DELHI UNIVERSITY, DELHI (INDIA)
- Legum Baccalaureus (LL.B) from CAMPUS LAW CENTER (CLC), FACULTY OF LAW, DELHI UNIVERSITY, DELHI (INDIA)
- Legum Magister (LL.M) in International Development Law and Human Rights & International Economic Law from WARWICK LAW SCHOOL, UNIVERSITY OF WARWICK, COVENTRY, GREAT BRITAIN.
- Certificate Course in Mass Communication from School of Convergence (SOC), Delhi University.
In a rare honour, Vinay was appointed by the Government of India as a member of Two-Member Inquiry Commission constituted under Sec. 8(1) and Sec. 10(1) of NCW Act, 1990 on Honour Killings and issue of Khap Panchayat (Community Council) in Rohtak district, Haryana. The Commission was constituted to inquire and investigate the killings in the name of honour of the family. The Commission made spot inquiries, examined the witnesses and collected the evidences. The commission submitted its detail report with its Observations and Recommendations to the Government of India.
- Vinay has been appointed by the Government of India as a Member of Official Languages (Rajbhasa), Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- Vinay is serving as Member of Rajbhasa (Hindi) Salhakhar Samiti, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India.
- Vinay is serving as Member of Consultative Committee of Food Corporation of India (FCI), Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India. Vinay advises the Government of India on matters relating to procurement, storage and distribution of food grains and also for protecting the interests of the Producersâ as well as the Consumers. He has been allocated the State of Punjab by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India.
- Vinay is serving as an Observer-Member of Official Languages Implementation Committee (H.Q.) of Ministry of Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India.
- Vinay is serving as Observer-Member of Official Languages Implementation Committee of Directorate of Sugar and Directorate of Vanaspati, Vegetable Oils and Fats, Ministry of Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India
- Vinay is serving as a Consultant to Kotak Wealth Management, India a unit of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
Vinay has recently been chosen as one of 100 icons by the Parwaz Express Group (Media Group) in the field of Academics in 2011. He was the recipient of National Excellence Award in the field of Youth Politics in 2011. This award was conferred by All India Muslim Intellectual Forum. Vinay was also the recipient of International Office Scholarship of 2,448 (GBP) at the University of Warwick, U.K.
- Vinay received recognition and letter of appreciation from the Govt. of Jammu and Kashmir for his pro-active role in aiding to relief operations in Quake affected areas of Srinagar in 2005.
- Vinay has been chosen as a POWER AMBASSADOR for an Non-Governmental Organisation called PROGRESSIVE ORGANISATION FOR WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT AND REHABHILITATION (POWER FOUNDATION). Power is an organization started by Women’s Rights Activist and social workers as a part of vision to build a better World for under privilege women and girls especially in India. As POWER AMBASSADOR Vinay took up issue of Begging on streets and Roads especially minor children and Women with the Prime Minister of India, Lt .Governor of Delhi and Police Commissioner of Delhi.
- Vinay was chosen as an Hony. National Advisor of Urdu Press Club (A Federation for Media Persons)
Vinay has authored various articles and Publications:
Right to Information Act (RTI) passed by both the Houses of Parliament.
- Present Globalisation: Prosperity or Improvishment; Alternative Paradigm for debt reduction strategy for poor under- developed countries.
- Resolving Kashmir Issue peacefully
- Peoples Tribunal on Anti-Sikh pogrom of 1984, Justice remains elusive Workers conditions in the supply chain of IKEA, focused on mid-supplier Firms in South and North India.
- Conditions of Muslim Minority in India and formulated a proposal for improving their socio-economic conditions.
- Biotechnology trading (Biosafety Protocol) in the era of free trade (WTO)
- India’s perspective in the on-going UN Security Council Reform Debate.
Vinay is the Member of following Council/Associations:
Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA),
- Delhi High Court Bar Association (DHCBA)
- New Delhi Bar Association (Patiala Court)
- Bar Council of Delhi (BCD)
- Bar Council of India (BCI)
Vinay is authoring book on The Indian Police and Policing: An Analysis of Attitude, Behaviour and Image. He also authored two booklet titled “KNOW YOUR POLICE” and “KNOW YOUR COURT”.